Monday 30 July 2012

The Cliffs of Moher

I visited the Cliffs of Moher today. First I was a little bit afraid of the height because the rocks are up to 214 meters high. Later I looked down the cliffs without being scared. It was so exciting. I saw the waves which were splashing against the rocks.

In the rock face there were many seagulls. Nearly 30 000 animals from 29 species live there.
I really liked the cliffs. The landscape was very beautiful and I enjoyed the view over the Atlantic sea.
There were a lot of people who made photos and went to the edge of the cliffs. I absolutely can´t believe that every year about 10 people jump down and die.
Because of this reason Clare Couty Council has built a 300 meter long secure way for the tourists. I also walked to a tower, where I had a fantastic view and I visited a tourist information centre. It was built under the earth, because they didn´t want to destroy the beautiful landscape.

I recommend to everyone to visit the Cliffs of Moher- I liked them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment