Monday 6 August 2012

On the Aran Islands

Today I was on the Aran islands.The Aran Islands are a group of islands on the west coast of Ireland. Cars are not allowed on the island, but it is quite small, so we used a bicycle to get around. 

On the second picture I am on the cliffs and in front of me is the big big sea. The cliffs are very high and there are a lot of big rocks. I really enjoyed the open air and just relaxed for a few minutes. When we had to go I looked at the big sea for a last time.

In the third picture you can see me next to small fields. The small fields are very typical for the Aran islands. They are surround from small stone walls. On the ground is a lot of sand and seeweaed. The stone wall should protect the field from the strong wind and the rain.



I think the island looks very funny, because there are a lot of stone walls. I think it was definitly very exhausting work to build the walls, but it looks fantastic.
Can you spot me on the photograph?

No comments:

Post a Comment