Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!!

After the amazing trip to Barcelona I arrived at Carmen’s house to spend New Year's Eve with her family.


The 31st of December I woke up late in the morning so I could enjoy myself until late in the night. In the evening we went to a party where Carmen´s cousins, aunts and uncles where waiting for us, dressed all of them in a very fancy way. 


It was a long dinner where I had the chance to try many different dishes but I refused to eat lamb (I’m not a cannibal).


We finished eating just in time to have the 12 grapes and listen to the 12 chimes which welcome the new year (Spanish tradition). 


  

I drank a little bit of champagne, danced and sang with everyone until very late in the night.  It was a memorable night!
Having slept just a little bit, I woke up the 1st day of 2013 and when I entered the sitting room I found, to my surprise, a long table full of plates for all the people who were coming to celebrate a family meal, organized by Carmen’s parents .

                     

             We finished the meal by eating different flavors of cakes and “turrón”.

No comments:

Post a Comment